BIOLOICAL SAFETY CABINET EXAM REFERENCES
The IAFCA test includes sections on all aspects of hood certification. Our test is a measure of the knowledge needed to be a good certifier from Industrial Ventilation to Formaldehyde Decontamination.
1. National Sanitaion Foundations, NSF STandard 49-1992
2. Institued of Environmental Sciences and TEchnology, IEST (formerly Institue of Envorinmental Sciences)
A. RP-CC-001-86 HEPA Filter
B. RP-cc-1386T Equipment Calibration or Validation Procedures
C. RP-CC-002-86 Laminar Flow Clean Air Devices
3. Industrial Ventilation – A Manual of Rcommended Practices; 21st edition
4. Formaldehyde Decontamination of Laminar Flow Bilogical Safety Cabintes (NCI/HIH).
5. Manufacturers Manuals:
A. Nu-Aire (800-328-3352) Operation and Maintenance Manuals
1. Model NU-407-400 through 600, October 1992 revision
2. Model 430-400 though 600, December 1990 revision
B. Forma (800-848-3080) Instrucitonal Manuals
1. NO. 7001849 Model 1849 dated Sept. 1987
2. No. 7011100, Model 1100 through 1105 revised March 1992
C. Laboconco (800-821-5525) Instruction Manual
1. Model 36205 series, Copyright 1990
2. Model 502, dated 1983, Revision G
D. Baker Company (800-992-2537)
1. SG-400 through 600, Copyright 1988
2. B40-112/B60-112, Copyright July 1990
6. CDC/NIH Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, HHS Publication Number 88-8395, 2nd Edition, May, 1988.
Call IAFCA at 1-888-679-1904 for membership information. These manuals can be ordered at each of the institutions websites. Items listed in number 5 should be obtained from the manufacturers. Besure to request a sample test report for the model ordered.
Test sites and dates can be found on the internet at www.nicet.org. Applications must be receibed 4 weeks in advance of the test date. THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST.
Paul McClung, Director of Certification
Laminar Flow Consulatants, Inc.
44642 Guilford Dr., Suite 107
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
Phone (703) 723-1600